Culture & Entertainment
Mere minutes from the whirlwind energy of the world-renowned South Beach, Ocean Drive, and the Art Deco District, The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, Miami Beach is the perfect place to expand your incomparable lifestyle amid the vibrant energy and artistry of South Florida. Guests of our Bal Harbour resort will enjoy easy access to the refined entertainment options of Miami as well as the surrounding area.
Greater Miami and the Beaches provide countless ways to indulge in Miami culture and entertainment and experience a myriad of popular Miami activities, from the Miami City Ballet and Miami Orchestra to an array of botanical gardens such as Fairfield Tropical Botanic Garden and Vizcaya Museum & Gardens.
The Miami City Ballet has grown to be one of the largest, most acclaimed companies in the U.S. and the Vizcaya Museum & Gardens is the former estate of businessman James Deering of the Deering McCormick-International Harvester fortune.
In addition to South Beach's indelible nightlife, its historic district is host to museums, theaters, art galleries, fashion, fine restaurants and a rich architectural history.
Among many is The Jackie Gleason Theater, a celebrated performing arts center and previous host to the 1970's Jackie Gleason Show, The Lincoln Road Theatre, home to the renowned New World Symphony, and The Wolfsonian, a museum built around the private collection of Mickey Wolfson and the works celebrating the decorative arts of the late 1800s and early 1900s.
A plethora of recreational opportunities abounds in the surrounding areas, also a short drive away include:
- The Bank Atlantic Center - home to the NHL Florida Panthers and Ft. Lauderdale's premier concert venue
- Land Shark Stadium - home to the NFL Miami Dolphins, the MLB Florida Marlins, nine Super Bowls, and numerous concerts and events
- American Airlines Arena - home to the NBA Miami Heat and one of the city's headline concert venues
- Miami Beach Botanical Gardens
- Bass Museum of Art
- Museum of Contemporary Art
- Fairchild Tropical Botanical Garden
- Miami's Design District
- The Shops at Bal Harbour
- Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- The Miami Arscht Center for the Performing Arts
- Coconut Grove's Cocowalk area
- The Miami Seaquarium
- Jungle Island
- Miami Metrozoo
- Miami Children's Museum
- Lowe Art Museum- located in Coral Gables and one of the largest museums in Florida
The world-renowned Everglades, located southwest of Miami are an intriguing eco-system that's host to more than 45 varieties of plants that grow nowhere else on Earth. As well, the Everglades are home to over 350 types of birds, 500 types of fish and dozens of reptiles and mammals.
The islands of the Florida Keys run south west from the city of Miami. They span some 110 miles and are connected by bridges and causeways.